Hyderabad Masala Gosht (Hyderabad spiced meat)
1 INGREDIENTS :chat
* Meat 1 lb
* Cure or yoghurt (less, if curd is too sour) 1/2 pint
* Onion 1 large
* Peppercorns 6
* Ginger 1 1/2 inch piece
* Cloves garlic 10
* Dry red chillies 3
* Cinnamon 3 pieces
* Cardamoms 2
* Turmeric powder 1 tsp
* Cloves 4
* Ghee 2 tbsp
1 COOKING DIRECTIONS ot
1. Wash the meat, slice the onion and chop the garlic and ginger finely.Beat the curd well and mix tin the turmeric.
2. Break the chilies into 3 pieces each.Heat the ghee till it smokes then put in the meat and all the other ingredients.
3. Seal the saucepan with a tight lid or with flour paste and leave to cook on a low heat.
4. No water is needed. Let it cook for 45 minutes.
5. Unseal the saucepan, add more ghee and fry uncovered till the meat is reddish brown.
6 serve hot.