Altleast Do Not Disrespect Your Teachers
by- Farzan Yahya
Today, I am despondent and awful while writing this article. I feel pity when I catch a sight of current circumstances of universities because the respect of teachers seems to have abated and languishing gradually. My teacher said after viewing the annoying behavior of class that "If you cannot respect your teacher, then at least do not disrespect”. This phrase compelled me to think about respect of teachers.
The people who set our directions and struggle to make them achievable for our better future, why we cannot give them respect. The teachers who are strict to some extent, we just give them the respect that ends after leaving the classroom, but the teachers who try to teach in a friendly and mild way, we constrained him to think that “Did teaching is a sinful career?”. Once my teacher was writing something on whiteboard and the class was hooting. He turned back with a smile and again turned to the whiteboard. I could not forget the twinge in his smile, which constrained me to write this article.
I think we have forgotten the rights of teachers and obligation of students. Let me repeat that:
1. Respect: The primary right of teachers is to give them respect. If we give respect to someone, we will get it back. Every religion gives a lot of respect to the teachers as a name “Spiritual Parents” is accolade to them. Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.
2. Obedience: We should obey the teacher orders, as the teacher is always right. There is no shame in taking orders from those who themselves have learned to obey.
3. Manners: We must show manners in front of them. Good manners always appreciated as much as bad manners are despised.
4. Humility: We should show great humble attitude, as they deserve that. We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
5. Listen: It is also included in the rights of teachers, that student must pay attention to them. No one is as deaf as the man who will not listen.
6. Soften your voices: We should have very moderate and low intensity of voice in front of them.
7. Discuss their good deeds: A good viewpoint about teacher is also a right of teachers. We should avoid hateful communication about teachers and do not let others do this.
Alexander the Great, the King of Macedonia and conqueror of the Persian Empire has considered one of the greatest military geniuses of all times. He died at the age of 32 after conquering half of the world once said: “I’m indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well”. We always makes fun of our lives and in the end, life makes fun of us. I know some will laugh at this article, so what, I believe that many will follow. I recommend you people to search the history. The nations who do not respect their teachers could never get emanation. Hope this article will influence you people to respect your teachers.