* A good beginning makes a good end.
* A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
* A stumble may prevent a fall.
* If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden; if you want to be happy for life, plant a tree.
* Adversity makes strange bedfellows.
* Every woman would rather be beautiful than good.
* All cats are grey in the dark.
* A miss is as good as a mile.
* Children and fools tell the truth.
* A ragged coat may cover an honest man.
* A good conscience is a soft pillow.
* Better to be envied than pitied.
* A man is as old as he feels.
* Use soft words and hard arguments.
* A rose by any other name would smell so sweet.
* A contented mind is a perpetual feast.
* Buy in the cheapest market and sell in the dearest.
* A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
* He who fails to study the past is doomed to repeat it.
* A stitch in time saves nine.
* Even the weariest river winds somewhere safe to sea.
* Where there's a will, there's a way.