Jaber Bin Hayan(father of chemistry)
Jaber Bin Hayan is one of the world's most great scientists (bron in 721- died in 815 ) was an arabic scientist who lived in Iraq . He was an arabic doctor and chemist, and the first to work and become a genius in old Chemistry where even arab called general chemistry as "handiwork of Jaber". Jaber was the one who liad the foundations for modern and contemporary scientific chemistry.
Some of his discoveries in chemistry :
- Discovered "caustic soda" or Gatron.
- First to evoke water gold.
- First to introduce the method of separation of (NaOH).
- First to discover nitric acid.
- First to discover hydrochloric acid .
- First to retrieve the sulfuric acid and termed it Alzaj oil .
- Introduced improvements to the evaporation methods of liquidation, distillation, fusion and crystallization .
- Been able to prepare a lot of chemicals like hydrated mercury and arsenious oxide.
- He explained in detail how to prepare arsenic, antimony, and purification of metals and dyeing fabrics .
- He manufactured incombustible paper.
- He made some sort of paint that prevents iron rust .
- The first to introduce the method of separating gold from silver solution by acids, which is the predominant mode to this day .
Jaber also wrote so many books ranged between two hundred and thirty-two and five hundred books (232-500), on which the world depended on for several centuries and until today.